Ebay GT-40 in the Netherlands

Jim Stephens jws at jwsss.com
Fri Apr 10 03:59:53 CDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 1:43 AM, Jim Stephens wrote:
> To Al:  There was also a system like this at USL, which I wish had
> been conveyed to you.  I suspect it was not.  There was a new in the
> box replacement CRT because someone had had the system halt and burned
> the phosphor.  You had to watch the system and never let the dot
> stop.  If it stopped at a spot on the phosphor in the on position,
> you'd etch the phosphor.
>
> Ours (USL) never ran anything but Lander, so until someone with a
> project came along, we were saving the tube.  The burn didn't affect
> lander much at all.

I read the link  in the auction, which is Eric Smith's page on the
GT-40.  It is where I got the information that Al K was involved, etc.,
so will post it to save some time, as the Ebay listing will vanish
someday, and the link to the GT-40 with it

Eric Smiths excellent page:

https://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/dec/gt40/

thanks
Jim