Altair Turnkey and some DEC stuff cheap

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Thu Apr 9 10:54:05 CDT 2015

ah...  "Barn Fresh".  Plenty of experience with that here.

Personally, I think mice, like many of us, have a special affinity for
DEC equipment.

I brought home an RX02 once that was severely affected.  In the end,
with not much to loose, I pressure washed it in my driveway :-)  The PCB
suffers from the same re-etching of traces you describe and someday I
will fix it up.   I believe the drives have actually survived.  The power
supply did not.

The only other thing I found more "interesting" was a very large stash
of RL01, RL02 and RK05 packs we came across, in a pole barn, that were
completely infested with sugar ants.    These packs were up on a shelf
in the barn, not laying on the ground, so the ants had to seek them out.
They had built tunnels (by bringing in the sand) in, on and around these
packs and had very well established colonies in most of them.

All I can figure is there was some chemical in the pack itself or the
boxes or wrapping they were in that attracted them.

Incredible mess.

There is a special place in hell for people who leave this gear to rot
and become infested in places like this.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist