Whitechapel Computer Works MG-1

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Sun Nov 30 15:02:42 CST 2014

From: tony duell
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:03 AM

>> I think some of them might be early enough that they were still calling
>> them 16032

> Quite likely. The chip was renamed for marketing reasons IIRC (it was a 16
> bit chip with 32 bit registers, renamed as a 32 bit chip with a 16 bit bus
> or some such).

It was renamed after the 32032 hit the market, same architecture with 32-bit
external data paths instead of the 16 bits of the earlier chip.  Somewhere
in the storage locker I still have original data sheets for both.  I think.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/