Whitechapel Computer Works MG-1

Göran Axelsson axelsson at acc.umu.se
Sat Nov 29 18:03:12 CST 2014

Hi!

I just got the "Owner Operator Guide" manual for a MG-1 from a friend. I
did some searches and found a picture on wikipedia in the article about
Whitechapel Computer Works. (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitechapel_Computer_Works )
I also found an evaluation of the MG-1 and several contemporary
workstations...
http://www.chilton-computing.org.uk/acd/sus/perq_papers/perq_external/p003.htm
... but then I drew a blank. It seems like these are really rare systems.

Does anyone have a system? Anyone need the manual?
The system could still be around so I'm going to dig around at the
university a while to see if I can locate it.

If Al wants a copy for bitsavers I'll scan it before letting it go.

Göran