Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Nov 26 13:46:43 CST 2014

> On Nov 26, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:
>>
>> To me, it seems that this is a Lilliput-versus-Blefuscu argument.
>>
>> --Chuck
>>

> Sorry, who the f.. is Blefuscu?

Part I of the story from Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (1726).

Two countries were at war (Lilliput & Blefuscu) over which end of the egg to open (big vs little).  The Lilliputians were "little-endian" while the Blefuscians were "big-endian".  And that my friends is the first instance of the difference between big-endian and little endian!  The terms long pre-dated modern digital computers.

TTFN - Guy