Clueless eBay buyers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:24:16 CST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 09:49:15AM -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> Check out:
>   http://www.ebay.com/itm/251721536445
> Douglas Electronics has them, brand new, for $60...

OTOH, if I were to have bid on that auction, eBay have a scheme where
they deal with the import duty and shipping to my home address for a
fixed upfront cost.

Whereas it's not at all obvious whether douglas.com even ships to
non-businesses or the UK -- "Company Name" and "State" being required
fields is not encouraging -- and in general shipping something costing
more than about $20 from random US suppliers is risky and often
outrageously expensive with further open-ended charged levied by the
courier on delivery over and above what I already paid for shipping.