Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 00:56:36 CST 2014

> AFAIR (not always guaranteed :-)), that's correct.  Which is why we used
> to have bayonet adapters that could plug into pendant lighting sockets
> in place of a bulb, and why we also had what amounts to a T-piece or
> splitter, to allow both the bulb and the adapter to coexist.  I think I

I remember those T adapters. 2 bayonet sockets to one plug. Often one
of the bayonet sockts was switched. Mostly by a button that slid through
the adapter, red on one side (press for on) black on the other (guess),

I did once see one with a cord (as in bit of string, not electric cable)
coming out the side which you pulled to switch the controlled socket

I have also seen (and probably still have somewhere) adapters to plug
a 2 pin 5A plug into a bayonet socket. What I have never seen is a T
adapter to go into a bayonet socket with one bayonet lampholder
and a 2 pin 5A socket.

Other oddities include a wooden bayonet plug (still have one, will
not use it) and a bayonet plug where the business end slid back
inside turning it into a 2 pin 5A plug.

-tony