Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 21:18:26 CST 2014

> Fires and electrocutions are caused by *current*, and the voltage is very much
> a red herring.  America should be treating its 110V supplies with the same
> respect the rest of the world gives to 220V, and not just half-jobbing it due
> to myths about the lower voltage being inherently safer.

Or that myth about "lethal" plugs here in the US. Yes, tens of
thousands of people die every year to those damn things.

One thing - why do UK people get so butthurt when it comes to US vs.
UK electric systems? Generally, US electricians just do not care about
how things are done in the UK. Both of the damn things work if you
follow the rules, and they mostly work even when you do not.

Right now, I am installing a light and a couple of outlet, and I
suppose I moved another, larger box - and guess what? It is going to
work just fine. No fires will be set. And I might just touch the wires
on purpose. Stay tuned for the obituary.

--
Will