Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 18:44:01 CST 2014

Hi Simon,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Simon Claessen <simski at dds.nl> wrote:

> Cool! that is good news. and thanks for sharing this. another thing to
> lookout for

Isn't it obnoxious when a forum member goes through all sorts of
conniptions, generates dozens of exchanges - but never bothers to return
and let everyone know how things came out, once they have what they want?
Yeah, I dislike that kind of behavior, too.

Anyway, Chuck's tip about the MJE13007A SMPS transistors serving the
horizontal output role was extremely helpful. They are obviously common as
a shoe and very inexpensive - less than fifty-cents apiece in lots of ten,
and that's from a USA seller! If you set aside the shipping, they're more
like a quarter-dollar each.

I'm still new to this area, but I suspect that many small-screen monochrome
displays (or even B&W TVs) might accept such a part as a replacement HOT.
Heck, they might even work in a small color display, such as the 5" screen
in the C-64 Executive.