Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Fri Nov 21 15:21:10 CST 2014

On 11/21/2014 11:46 AM, Todd Killingsworth wrote:
> Not yet sure how expensive it would be, but my wife thinks I'm completely
> certifiable.
>
> Todd Killingsworth
I just paid about $1500 to have circuits put in because I'd been lazy
and was using house wiring for all my 110v stuff.

i have a former wet bar room converted to use, and put in 4 20 amp
circuits.  Also had to have the box replaced for the trailer because it
had no empty breakers.

Result now is that a number of other circuits don't blow anymore that
used to, and I know what is between the post outside the trailer and all
my equipment as far as copper.

220 isn't any big deal, if you have the room for the breaker, probably
300 bucks will get any licensed electrician to put in the line, breaker
and outlet.  But if you are converting a virgin area, I'd pull two 110's
and the 220 at least for a small setup.

I have an old mobile home that I know has romex in the walls, so it is
not as bad as some of these trailers.  But I found from blowing circuits
that in the 45 foot run of the trailer if you drew a lengthwise line
down any approximate area you could put in a wall socket, all went dark
at once.

Now I've got several points with power the length of the room where my
servers are.

thanks
Jim

PS I really love my wifey.