HP2100A luser questions

Bob Rosenbloom bobalan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 01:06:32 CST 2014

On 11/19/2014 1:43 PM, tony duell wrote:
> I assume there's  no chance of me finding a top connector for the memory system. Am I right that the
> only difference between the 2 flavours is the spacing of the edge connectors on the PCB? Due to the
> fact that the connector plugs into the core plane daughterboard, which is fitted on the component side
> of the sense/inhibit board, so the spacing between the edge plugs changes depending on whether the
> core is to the left or to the right of the address driver. Both top connectors seem to be just pin-pin
> wired on the PCB, but the manuals don't really mention them.

There's a chance I can come up with a connector, but won't be able to
look until the beginning of December.
I'll look and see what I have. I was given a box of them that were
removed from 2116c's (same core as the 2100).

> One major problem concerns the power switch. I don't have the key, and it's currently in the
> 'panel lock' position. Now, I can trivially jumper the switch to enable the panel but I would
> rather not.

I have eleven 2100's and they all use the same key. Doesn't mean that
all 2100's do, but mine did.
I can send you a key if you want.

Bob