Reading a CD that has no reflective layer

Peter Coghlan cctech at beyondthepale.ie
Thu Nov 20 09:35:46 CST 2014

>Here's one that looks like mine:
>
>http://home.claranet.nl/users/pb0aia/cm/cm201.jpg
>
>The Owner's manual is on the web too:
>
>http://www.carelife.com/manuals/RDD40_Optical_Drive_Owner_Manual.PDF
>
>and that has drawings of the caddy.
>
>There's an even better drawing here:
>http://thedecyears.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/VMS-Online-Documentation-
Library-Disc-Users-Guide-AA-ND24S-RE.pdf

Thanks Antonio.

The pictures all depict exactly what I have here.  It is possible to just about
make out the little slider control in some of them but there is nothing to
explain what it is for or even acknowledge it's existance.  I'm intrigued.

The owners manual seems to suggest that these CD things are far too delicate
to be handled and each should live permanently in it's own dedicated caddy :-)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.