PDP-11/23 Debugging

Ben Sinclair bensinc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:21:07 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

> So, if the CPU checks OK, maybe the DLV11-J has a problem with interrupts?
> Is
> there a DL11 diag you can run on it? (If not, I can whip up a simple test
> check it out.)

The diagnostics manual mentions this:

NDLAA0.BIN DLVll-J (M8043 & FALCON) LOGIC TEST

But, the only XXDP disks I have are the ones from AK6DN, and that test
doesn't appear to be on any of them.

>     > I have another memory board, but I know it's bad, so I can't try
> that!
>
> Probably the one you have passes the memory diag, though, right?

I've run a memory test program I found that's not part of XXDP, and I
believe it's fine, but is there a test in XXDP I could run? I don't see
anything in the XXDP manual related to an M8044/MSV11. Now that I think
about it, I probably should find a way to really verify the memory is
working!

The MMU test from XXPP does pass, but I'm not sure if that also tests the
memory.

--
Ben Sinclair
ben at bensinclair.com