PDP-11/23 Debugging

Ben Sinclair bensinc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:44:43 CST 2014

Well, I just discovered something interesting... What exactly does the aux
switch on the front panel control? I assumed it was power to the AC plug on
the back of the machine, but it must do something else. With aux in the
down position, it again boots to XXDP! If I flip it up and restart, it
drops back to ODT after trying to boot XXDP from the TU58.

>From the documentation, I don't see that it does anything other than
control that AC plug.

I'm not sure what to make of it! If I'm having some sort of power issue, I
don't see it on the BDV11 test points. They read 4.96 and 12.00, which I
think is correct.

Thanks!

--
Ben Sinclair