Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 20:59:18 CST 2014

Heh, wow..

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> I can't repair CFLs of course--although there was a time when the tube
> could be purchased separately to plug into the ballast unit.  I wish we
> still had those.
>
> Dude.. I'm not sure where you're situated, but around here, the local
big-box home store (Menards) sells 8-packs of 60W equiv. CFLs for like
$5.99 on-sale, and the sales come up quite often. Less than a buck per
hole.

Sales guy there once said that the local utility (here it's Xcel Energy)
subsidizes the prices for some reason.. must be some idiot carbon-cutting /
offsetting regulation crap, or something like that, I'd guess. But FWIW,
that's what we were told. Gotta keep those polar bears in seal blubber, ya
know..