Anyone still playing with HP 1000/2000 minis?

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Nov 3 08:24:14 CST 2014

Tim wrote....
-----------
I've not found a time-shared basic that matched this type of configuration. Dick Stover (now deceased) was the systems operator for a number of different schools in upstate New York that ran similar setups.

Is the HP24160A you mention a software system? or the bundling of specific hardware? both? Is the BASIC multi-user?
I seem to recall in one of my early hardbound HP systems sales books a listing for a system like this. It was a sort-of timeshared basic, but only used punched cards for input. It will take some digging but I will see if I can find this.

PS - good to hear from you Tim, LTNS!