Core Memory: a Visual Survey of Vintage Computers book

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue Dec 23 10:56:30 CST 2014

This may show up twice.

On 12/23/2014 6:04 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 12/23/14 5:53 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> On 12/22/14 8:30 PM, jwsmobile wrote:
>>> I just got my copy of the Core memory book.  Very nice work.
>>>
>>> I noticed there is what I think may be a mis-identified system in
>>> the front.  It shows an Apollo system of some sort, but identifies
>>> it as an Apollo Guidance computer.  I went back and forth a few
>>> times and convinced myself it was wrong.
>>>

>> proof, please.
>>

> the artifact
>
> http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102691921
>
> photo from mit.
>
> http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102622658
>
> there are others
>
> http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/search/?s=apollo+guidance+computer

Page 4, front plate of book  Photo of an apollo computer.  The legend
for the photos shows P4 Apollo Guidance Computer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4AXJXpUCE-hZ1lhMW5EQWxUS00&authuser=0

The chapter of the actual Apollo (Command or LEM?) unit is of course
what you point out.  I think there is a bit of a boo boo for the
frontpiece.  I don't know which Apollo era computer had a CRT and a floppy.

Jim