Weekly Classic Computer Trivia Question (20141215)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Dec 15 20:11:27 CST 2014

On 12/15/2014 03:07 PM, Doug Ingraham wrote:
> OK, so somewhat weekly questions.
>
> Back in the days of high speed line printers there was a characteristic of
> drum style printers that made the output print style quite distinct.  What
> was this characteristic?

Well, some people mentioned the wavy text.  I had a HUGE
Honeywell drum
printer here that had VERY good alignment.  That was 300 LPM.
I worked with a couple other units that also had pretty good
alignment,
and were rated for 600 LPM, but if you were only printing
numeric data,
it could do over 1000 LPM.

Jon