OT : Chassis punches

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:06:47 CST 2014

Well the manual says the foot pump also allows you to use both hands to
position the punch.
The big advantage of the hydraulics is that you will put more of the effort
into pulling the die through the steel.
The problem with the bolt version is that the tension in the bolt increases
the friction between the bolt and the threads.
This makes it hard to tighten the nut, even with a ball bearing. With this
system the friction will stay the same.
These days being old and feeble I think I might buy the hydraulic version...

> -tony

Dave
G4UGM