Anyone have a spare Apple IIgs power supply?

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Fri Dec 12 15:32:04 CST 2014

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, Sean Caron wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Tothwolf <tothwolf at concentric.net> wrote:

>>> just just acetone… it works the best anyways.
>>
>> Sure...if you want to dissolve the epoxy substrate, any number of
>> plastic or rubber-like compounds (capacitor end seals, anyone?), or the
>> enamel coating on magnet wire...
>
> I thought he was joking? I hope nobody would use acetone! LOL

For some applications you can get away with a mix of acetone/isopropyl as
a flux remover, but you have to be extremely careful what you clean with
it. Acetone will also damage the PVC insulation of most hookup wire. Crazy
as it is, the State of California forbids the use of undiluted isopropyl
alcohol as an electronics cleaner.
http://www.mgchemicals.com/downloads/appguide/appguide0607.pdf They
suggest diluting it by 25% with either water or acetone. You can't buy
190-proof (95% pure ethanol) Everclear in California either, which is my
go-to cleaner for laser optics. For optics cleaning, the 151-proof (75%)
stuff won't cut it since unlike 95%, it leaves a residue behind as it
evaporates.