Seeking disruptive tech

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:21:52 CST 2014

> Because the majority of the modules in the early PDPs *were* commercially
> available. DEC's original business was selling logic modules.

I do not give a care about if they were available commercially or not.
I am not sure why you brought it up in the first place.

My point is that from an engineering standpoint, the system building
blocks were not very good, compared with what other vendors had.

> Was CDC selling those modules in 1959, when the PDP-1 was designed?

No, maybe 1962?

I am not about to go and do the research, but DEC was only one of many
companies that made standalone logic modules back in 1960. I am not
about to say that the system building blocks were the top of the heap.

--
Will