Seeking disruptive tech

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:30:33 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> And in spite of Brattain, Bardeen and Shockley, what's the ratio of
> bipolar junction transistors to FETs in that disruptive device of today,
> the mobile phone?

Pretty low. Processes with SiGe (BiCMOS, etc.) are keeping BJTs alive in
the RF side of things, but are still overwhelmed by CMOS.

Anyone still using ECL? I-squared L? Hmm...

And yet nobody seems to know about Lilienfeld.  He's about as obscure as
> that other computing pioneer Atansasoff in the popular mind.

Even Atanasoff was covered in my classes more than Lilienfeld...

Kyle