Help with a busted MSV11-L?

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Sun Dec 7 23:41:48 CST 2014

When I was at Living Computer Museum, we were using a small pin that had a
socket (hole) in it.  Solder N of those into the board after removing an
IC, and you'd never have to desolder another one - an important benefit
considering that some of these boards are losing integrity in the bonding
of copper to epoxy (or never had such integrity, e.g., Data General).
They're low profile (maybe a fraction of a millimeter higher than a
directly soldered-in chip), which can be crucial in some of the crowded
backplanes we see.  ISTR that Mouser sells them.  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS
Ph.D. Candidate

An optimist sees a glass half full. A pessimist sees it half empty. An
engineer sees it twice as large as it needs to be.