Typesafety versus Worse is Better - was Re: Fwd: is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

Andrew Burton aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 16:03:53 CST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Thain" <toby at telegraphics.com.au>
To: <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: Typesafety versus Worse is Better - was Re: Fwd: is there any
word processing software for the pdp11?

> Why is it so ridiculous to suggest better tools? It's not even a new
> suggestion; as far as I know, people have been working on better tools
> since the invention of the computer.

I don't know about you guys, but whilst working on my current Amiga game I
ended up writing my own tools (sound editor and a level editor). Are they
better than other peoples? Maybe not, but they are easy for me to use and
have all the features that I think I will ever need. If there is a feature
missing, I can add it if I feel it will be worth my time to do so.

If you don't want to use someone elses tools (for whatever reason), then you
create your own with the features that you want.

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk