HP9830 memory / was Re: Still looking for Infotek MX-30 RAM

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:10:28 CST 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I assume you're jsut going to be plugging into the HP9830 I/O slot

Yes. I'm considering putting the mass storage ROM on the I/O slot card
also (similarly to how the sector buffer works), but since that ROM is
hard-addressed, that won't actually free up the ROM slot it would
normally occupy.

> and not tryign to share between 4 machines. Or indeed using a mechanical
> disk drive.

Would use MicroSD cards.  One newly-designed module in the I/O slot,
which would talk to a small external box with four MicroSD sockets.  I
could actually consider having the box be able to talk to multiple
9830s in a manner analgous to what the 11305A controller did, but I
only have one 9830.