Looking for WWENG2.SYS for DECserver 900TM

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Fri Dec 5 09:14:33 CST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 01:03:57AM +0100, supervinx wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 04/12/2014 alle 15.41 -0800, Glen Slick ha scritto:
> > On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Robert Jarratt
> > <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have this file?
> >
> > Did you have any luck finding a copy of WWENG2.SYS ?
> >
> > I have a copy of WWENG1.SYS from an OpenVMS SPL. No idea if that
> > version is of any use to you.
> >
> > >From what shows up on the net when you search for WWENG2.SYS it looks
> > like that was distributed through a different channel, the DECserver
> > Network Access Software Distribution, and that is more difficult to
> > find.
> >
> > Here's the SPD for DECserver Network Access Software Version 2.2
> > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP4613/SP4613PF.PDF
> >
> > Some old CD-ROM you might try to find by part number are:
> > QA-0LWAJ-H8
> > QB-0LWAA-WA
> >
> > You could buy an official copy of the Digital Networks KT-DNAS3-00 kit
> > for only $400:
> > http://www.vnetek.com/p-2887-dnas-decserver-network-access-software.aspx
>
> I have a copy of WWENG2.SYS
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 supervinx supervinx 1646592 2012-10-07 17:47 DEC/wweng2.sys

Does anyone know how to extract one of these from the flash card?

I've got a 900TM booting from flash with version 2.4 WWENG2.SYS on
the card, but I can't figure out how to copy it off the card for
another 900TM.

I obtained a second 900TM that didn't have a card included. I won
a "Mitsubishi Melcard 2MB F·E²PROM MEMORY Card MF82M1-77DAT01" on e-bay,
which is identical to what DEC provided, and successfully booted and loaded
wweng2.sys version 2.2, which I believe is the 1646592 byte version supervinx
also has.

My 900TM with 2.4 works better than the other one booting 2.2. If anyone has
any info on reading WWENG2.SYS 2.4 off my working unit, please let me know.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE