C, please die,

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Dec 4 13:24:13 CST 2014

On 12/4/2014 11:06 AM, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 10:42:02AM -0700, ben wrote:
> [...]
>> PL/1 anyone?
> Its Wikipedia page puts me in mind of some of the more ill-advised dark corners
> of Perl combined with the flexibility of Pascal.

Multics hopefully will be stable enough to use.  The pl1 and runtime on
multics is very usable.  From what I've seen, Stratus copied most of it
for their original OS, before slapping a c layer on top of it.

The file system, runtime libraries, and pl1 all looked similar enough
that  the guys I know there didn't retrain many fingers to program on
stratus vs. multics.  what I saw looked very similar.

Jim