36bit still in use ?

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Dec 4 01:25:48 CST 2014

Pontus <pontus at update.uu.se> writes:
> Perhaps you could elaborate on the compatibility between the TOAD
> versions and other PDP-10 processors. Also what operating systems do
> they run, both previous and current versions?

I'll contribute the technical information I have.  Happy to take
corrections or additions!

The TOAD-1 was XKL's first PDP-10 clone, created around 1994.

The CPU is called XKL-1, and is a model B with an extended virtual (30
bits) and physical address (33 bits) space compared to the KL10 model
B.  It's clocked at 33 MHz, and has 128K of cache and 8K TLB entries.
The microcode control store has 8K 128-bit words.

Similar information for more 10s here:
http://pdp10.nocrew.org/cpu/processors.html