Still looking for Infotek MX-30 RAM

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:16:06 CST 2014

On 12/3/2014 12:12 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alternately, if anyone needs an MX-30 board set (sans memory) for a
>> restoration, drop me a line and maybe we can work something out.  Hate to
>> sit on this forever and never get anything working...
> I certainly don't *need* one, and I'd be in the same boat w/ regard to
> not being able to use it without the suitable memory. I'm thinking
> about designing a new static RAM board for the 9830 for the 2015/07
> retrochallenge. If all the MX-30 needs is memory that is faster than
> the stock HP memory, it's possible that a new static RAM board might
> work.
>
> I'd be very interested in high-resolution photos or scans of both
> sides of both boards.

That would be a fun and worthwhile project; I wish I had more
information about the MX-30 RAM and how it's different.  Infotek
basically replaced every HP component (except the backplane) with the
MX-30, so it could be radically different than the original.

The HP Museum has some pretty good pictures, see here:
http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?hwimg=1060.  If you need something
more detailed, let me know and I can run them through my scanner (not
the feeder portion).

- Josh