System/3 on Ebay - How much isit really worth?

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Tue Dec 2 04:15:19 CST 2014

On 2 December 2014 at 10:01, Dave G4UGM <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:

> So to continue the discussion, how much would these be worth as scrap in the
> USA?
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/151491089302
>
> The asking price of $5k seems a tad high to me, so I can see it going to the
> crusher.

They imply they would take less:

``Don't  be bashful...I can't start with you...These electronic relics
deserve a good home and care after surviving the barrage of pliers and
screwdrivers that have torn up many systems in the last decade for the
tiny bits of precious metal that lay in wait inside her core. You
don't know where we might meet if you dont ask.''