3M "WhisperPrinter" (Trendcom 100) docs?

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Mon Dec 1 15:04:17 CST 2014

On Monday (12/01/2014 at 08:24PM +0000), tony duell wrote:

> I've not seen thermal fax paper in office supply shops over here for
> about 10 years. Can you still find it in the UK (I've got a few HP thermal
> printers, including the 9866 on top of my 9830, that use it).

Over here, I have gotten it from Staples,

http://www.staples.com/Staples-reg-Thermal-Fax-Paper-328-roll-x-1-core/product_269563

not usually stocked, so I order it.  I use the 328' rolls in the original
Silent 700 "suitcase" sized terminals such as model 725.

I also use the smaller rolls, 98' with 1/2" core in the newer Silent 700
"briefcase" sized terminals such as model 745.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-reg-Thermal-Fax-Paper-98-roll-x-1-2-core/product_269571

> Over here there were 2 common widths. 210mm and I think 216mm
> The latter was the one used in most American printers, the former was
> much easier to find. I obtained an HP printer (2761 or some such) that
> was designed to use the wider paper. All I could find in the local shop
> was the narrower stuff. It would use that provided the roll was in
> exactly the right place, otherwise the head would go off the edge
> of the paper and snag on the paper as it came back. So I
> grabbed some brass rod, cut a couple of thin slices, drilled a
> centre hole and carefully faced them off to be just the right thickness
> to put the roll where I needed it. Worked fine and I was happy -- unitl
> I went to another branch of the same office shop. They had the 216mm
> rolls.

These guys have a lot of sizes,

http://www.thermalpaperdirect.com/thermal-paper-rolls.asp?DeptID=27#3

I've never done business with them though.  Just found it with a quick
Google search.

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist